Ember's Shadows

The Moodier Side of the World Around Us -- Art, Music, Poetry, Interesting People & Places, Reflections, Connections, Isolation, Anxiety, Expanses, and Infinity.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Going Retro (or should I say vintage?)

I walked off to work today with headphones on. They were plugged into my old portable tape player. I actually worried a little what my students would think if they saw me -- I don't want to appear too out of touch! The most appalling moment, though, came when I noticed that my listening selection was from further in the past than I had realized. This is 2007.. New Order's Substance 1987 came out 20 years ago. Ugh. I'm old. Or, at least, I feel that way while I'm teaching all these 20 year olds...

Today's Playlist:

New Order -- Substance 1987
The Ted Top 23 of 2000
The Smiths -- Strangeways, Here We Come (this came out in 1987 also! I hadn't realized that at the time...)

.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home