Ember's Shadows

The Moodier Side of the World Around Us -- Art, Music, Poetry, Interesting People & Places, Reflections, Connections, Isolation, Anxiety, Expanses, and Infinity.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Digging Further Back

So I pulled out Joe Jackson's Look Sharp! album today (I can't remember the last time I played it, but I can still sing along with the hits -- Sunday Papers, Is She Really Going Out With Him? & Look Sharp!). Did he really write Got The Time?! That song is unbelievable! It has so much energy that I'm amazed the vinyl can contain it all. It should just break into pieces. He should have done the whole album like that. If he had, though, they would have labeled the record differently, and I would have grouped him with the Circle Jerks or the Buzzcocks instead of with Elvis Costello on today's playlist:

Joe Jackson -- Look Sharp! & I'm The Man

Elvis Costello -- My Aim Is True & This Year's Model

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home