Ember's Shadows

The Moodier Side of the World Around Us -- Art, Music, Poetry, Interesting People & Places, Reflections, Connections, Isolation, Anxiety, Expanses, and Infinity.

Friday, April 27, 2007

I still want a 12-string Rickenbacker

So we've all heard the stories about big musicians who go into producing once they retire from "the road," but have you ever wondered what happens to the musicians who never quite make it big but still have to move on to something (read: a real job)? It seems they often find their way behind the scenes too. Take Danny Benair. He was in one of my favorite bands growing up: The Three O'Clock. They were an incredible L.A. band in the Paisley Underground movement back in the 80s, of which I was a big fan. I believe I was the first person to tell almost all of you (my wonderful, dedicated readers) about this band, which tells you something about the level of commercial success they achieved. Well, I found Mr. Benair again -- he's working in the industry, marketing music for placement in tv, movies, commercials, etc. He also has a website that just so happens to have a large collection of complete songs publicly available. Have a look. Once the main page loads, click on "music vault" and then select a song.. Oddly (and unfortunately), he doesn't have any of his own songs up.. I just might email him and ask if he would remedy that..

And just in case you feel like listening to some good paisley tunes:

The Three O'Clock fan site on Myspace

Michael Quercio on Myspace
.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home