Ember's Shadows

The Moodier Side of the World Around Us -- Art, Music, Poetry, Interesting People & Places, Reflections, Connections, Isolation, Anxiety, Expanses, and Infinity.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

More promising bands from SXSW

Here's an assortment of offerings that I liked. The links are all myspace links, so you can listen to the bands before deciding whether to invest time & energy into reading actual websites (which most of the bands list on their myspace pages).


1st) The Black Angels

You can tell from listening to this band that they grew up with Velvet Underground records. They could be a good band to see live, on a rainy night. (I will probably profile this band later when I have some time)


2nd) The Fratellis

Hmmm… you'll recognize the first song.. they are only now at SXSW and they have already sold out? I'm not sure what to think of that, but I remember liking the song from the commercials… I'm so torn! So post a comment and tell me what you think of this band.


3rd) The Tokyo Police Club

More Indie Pop sounds


4th) The Wombats

And yet more of the same (but all the bands are worth checking out)

.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home