Ember's Shadows

The Moodier Side of the World Around Us -- Art, Music, Poetry, Interesting People & Places, Reflections, Connections, Isolation, Anxiety, Expanses, and Infinity.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Going, Going, ...

The House Of Records is now down to 40% off, with two weeks left to go. The pickings are definitely getting slimmer, but they are working fast to "price" all the CDs they still have piled up in boxes around the store in order to get them on the shelves and move them out again. So believe it or not there were many more finds. I will have to check back one last time before they close their doors.

Today's acquisitions:

Blur -- 13 ..... $6
(special "boxed" edition that includes a poster)

The Subways -- Young For Eternity ...... $4
(I bet you haven't heard about this band unless you've read about them here!)

The Warlocks -- Surgery ...... $1.20
(Not their best album, but for $1.20?)

The Wonder Stuff -- HUP ...... $3.60
(the album with the song "Don't Let Me Down, Gently")

But I won't get to listen to any of these for a while, because I picked up one more thing that trumps it all: in preparation for Morrissey's big tour, I bought a Best Of CD. Put out by Rhino Records, it runs the gamut from Viva Hate to Maladjusted and includes extensive liner notes. I might have all the Smiths albums & early Morrissey albums on record or cassette, but my later Morrissey collection is a bit lacking. So I will be listening to this non-stop for the next week so I can catch up on all the lyrics in time for the show! It was put out in 2001, so there will be a 2 album hole in my knowledge, but that's not so bad...

"Sing Your Life"
.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home